Monday, December 29, 2008

professor layton and the curios village

I don't like Nintendo games at all. Especially not those shooter games, those dress me up, color-me and how pretty I can jump through the grass fields games. Yacht! I've bought my DS Lite only for the Brain Age Training, but after 2 weeks I was totally, fully bored. There is nothing pleasent in receiving more difficult words to figure out and such a black-white front-end. I am a human from the TV era! I need color and not monochromatics.

It's my fully pleasure to announce the best game on DS: Proffesor Layton and the Curios Village: http://professorlaytonds.com/. It's really great:
- nice story (no monsters or crazy shooters)
- fully colored
- great usability (could improve): the long click though dialogs are substituted by cartoons movie with real actor voices. Bright idea! I hate when I have to read what one character is saying then click next, then read what the next character is saying and so on... It's waisting my time and I might get RSI... Bravo, Layton team!
- great game goal: solve as many puzzles as possible!!! Everybody has the human instinct to prove himself and to learn in the same time. Puzzles are a great solution for this.

There are a lot of puzzles on net, but nobody put them all together in such a nice story like Professor Layton team.

I'm looking forward to the next 2 games within the serie:
- "Professor Layton and The Devil's Box"
- "Professor Layton and The Final Time Journey"
Sadly, they are not in english yet :((

For The Devil's Box, the Japan-only "Level-5 Premium Silver/Gold" collections on Nintendo DS included an exclusive side-story, "Professor Layton and the Holiday in London" (レイトン教授とロンドンの休日, "Professor Layton and the Holiday in London"?) in addition to the actual game and another Level-5 game, Inazuma Eleven. The Holiday in London includes ten puzzles, some of which are from the first game, and a short storyline, set in Professor Layton's London office, in which he reminisces about his previous adventures around the world.

No comments: